Tuesday, October 4, 2011

God is REALLY Listening...

Last night I decided to take a walk up to the pond to look at the stars. I was not necessarily looking to spend time alone with God. I just thought that is would be nice to see the stars without all the lights and people around. Little did I know that I was going to have a really awesome experience. So I wrote a poem about it.



Shooting Stars from Heaven

Gazing into the blue abyss,
Where stars twinkled and danced,
I prayed a prayer and made a wish.
I hoped beyond hope
And said aloud,
“God if your there,
Will you send me a shooting star?”

I know He heard me,
Cause He sent me that star,
For it streaked across my vision
And in that moment He seemed so near.

All my hopes, dreams, and fears
I poured out to my unseen maker,
I knew He loved and cared about me.
Yet, I believed beyond just believing
And I prayed,
“I have seen You perform wonders for others,
But can you give me a miracle of my own?
Will You send me a shooting star?”

And then without hesitation or thought,
He sent me my shooting star.
For by chance I spied it,
As it shot across the sky.
And my heart leaped for joy inside
And I knew He was really listening to my prayers.

So if you are looking for a miracle
You have only to ask and believe
And He will meet you there.










1 comment:

  1. This was great, Hannah. That pond and the stars over it are a great sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete