Friday, December 2, 2011

I Know Not What...

In order to know what this poem is about you will have to use your imagination. I had to write a poem describing something without really saying what it is.

I KNOW NOT WHAT

I saw it once, after the rain,
It bubbled and simmered,
And murmured my name.
I knew not where is was going,
Nor from where it came.
So I followed it,
 Without fear or shame.
Not knowing if I’d see it again.

Of it essence, I did wonder,
For it danced and it sang,
And it lullabied my name.
Rushing and flowing
 It rounded a bend,
And into a chasm it did descend.

Over the edge, I watched it go,
For it boomed and it rang,
And it bellowed my name.
Plunging and diving
Into the torrent below.
Leaving me to wonder, never to know.

















2 comments:

  1. wow! very good! love the last stanza. well, it's a river, right? i like the picture at the end too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing, friend! Keep going! I love your poetry and writings...always will :)

    ReplyDelete